Ireland is experiencing the kind of heat wave we barely dream of. They thought it couldn’t happen. It has. I’ve ditched the staple under-frock leggings and opaque tights and have been bare-legged in Ireland, in the office, more times in the past 2 weeks than in the past 4 years I would say. Dominic was in the playschool (brand-new) paddling pool at 845 this morning. Teddy’s curly mullet is sweatily-glued to his neck. Am seriously considering a Beckham/Ginola style hairband for him.
Now, are you paying attention? I made some impromptu frozen yogurt concoction, sick of doling out sugary mini Magnum things and also feeling sorry for Teddy looking balefully on with no cold treat forthcoming.
- Get a banana from the freezer. What? You don’t freeze bananas? Hello! Pancakes, banana bread…I mean who eats bananas with even one black spot on them? Not me that’s for sure. So there’s always 2 to emmm, 7 (honest) in my freezer.
- Peel & chop it into chunks. If it’s straight from the freezer peel it with a vegetable peeler.
- Chuck into blender.
- Add about 4 large dessert spoons of Greek or Glenisk natural yogurt.
- Throw in a couple of handfuls of frozen raspberries and sense the casualness of this recipe.
- Add a dash, a tablespoon I guess, of maple syrup. Leave this out or use agave if you like.
- Blend for a bit.
Watch your husband and two sons bow down to your dessert-whipping-up-awesomeness.
You could add more frozen ‘nana for a thicker texture, or do this a little in advance and then refreeze it to make it more ice-creamy.
I’m having this again for breakfast. You can’t stop me.